Please check our website for up-to-date shows: www.forwomenoverforty.com
“For Women Over 40” (WESU/Wesleyan 88.1fm)
“For Women Over 40” is a half-hour lively, contemporary lifestyle show featuring everything about your health, wealth, children, happiness and anything else of interest to the listener! This show is syndicated through the Pacifica Network.
- 12/29/15 – The Art of Tattooing: A Female Perspective – Tattoo artist Kelly Green and DeAnna Shaneck Scott – a multiple tattoo-er – will talk about the art, interest, desire and skill of getting, having, and displaying tattoos. Is it really art? Is it a fashion statement or a comment about one’s life? Find out!
- 12/22/15 – Surrogacy 101: The Who, What, Where and Why of It All – Multiple time surrogate Bev Zarfos, and Lisa Wippler, a surrogate and an professional expert in the (surrogacy) Matching Process, share their personal stories and national stats, while dispelling some of the myths and truths of this profession and “calling.”
- 12/15/15 – The Art of Happiness – DreamVisions 7 Network Radio Founder Deborah Beauvais and Happiness Club (Hartford) Founder Audrey Carlson reflect on ways of becoming, staying and being happy (including the many benefits)!
- 12/8/15 – The Women of Alternative Rock – long-time front-women Wendy Gadzuk (Andalusia Rose) and Jo-Ann Rogan (Thorazine) discuss sexism in the music industry, living as front-women for their bands and staying front and center in the industry during midlife! A lively, fun 1/2 hour!
- 12/1/15 – The Nature of Transracial Adoption – Psychologist Jeanette Yoffe, Executive Director of the Celia Center and transracial adoptive parent Melanie Elliott discuss this country’s hottest topic – race in America – while reframing and providing context for the issue of multi-racial families.
- 11/23/15 – One-Child Families – Are only children spoiled or narcissistic? Are there tips for helping families deal with an only child? Hear expert social psychologist and prolific author, Susan Newman, Ph.D., share information and provide support to this growing family unit.
- 11/17/15 – Losing a Child – COPE Foundation Clinical Director Dr. Amy Olshever joins parent Cindy Weaver in a sober discussion about the stages of healing, growth and moving forward individually and as a family, after losing a child.
- 11/10/15 – Motorcycle Mamas: Women Riders Over 40 – Motorcyclists Sash Walker and Laura Klock, both known in their industry for empowering women, setting records, marketing themselves and others, and living a “free-spirited life,” share stories, tips and knowledge about this ever-growing trend.
- 11/03/15 – Florida-based super-moms Jenni Stahlmann and Jody Hagaman discuss their new ebook: Mom, How Can I Make Money: Helping Your Kid Become a Kidpreneur, with fabulous tips for helping your child start a business, how to (help them) plan and finance this, and how to learn the art of negotiation, delegation and business etiquette. A fabulous, informative 1/2 hour!
- 10/20/15 – Childfree or Childless: Choice or Circumstance? Experts and authors Laura Carroll and Kaye Walters share personal stories, stats, and the results of their work – showing an increase in the number of women not becoming mothers, in the US.
- 10/27/15 – Traveling Connecticut in the Fall – previous guests, bloggers and writers Johnna Kaplan and Jan Mann return to share their best picks for day-trips, overnight trips; best state attractions and best views during the fall season!
- 10/6/15 – The New Face of Fatherhood – Two interesting and entertaining West Coast-men – midlife father Len Filppu and new gay parent Nicholas D’Ambra share their personal stories and some stats about the changing nature of fatherhood in this country, moving into the 21st century.
- 9/29/15 – Relocating Seniors: Real Estate 101 – Realtor Lisa Barall-Matt and relocation specialist Deirdre Dolan Nesline discuss the ins and outs of relocating seniors – the benefits, the pitfalls and the pragmatic suggestions for this hot fast-growing industry!
- 9/22/15 – Mothers and New Mothers in the Workplace – two women, Valerie Young and Lori Mihalick Levin, invested in changing public policy regarding maternal leaves, pay rate for women and flexible work schedules, spend a lively 1/2 hour addressing their concerns for this country’s approach to working mothers, and their hopes for the future.
- 9/15/15 – Creativity for Women Over 40: How To Find Your Voice – writers and writing coaches Marion Roach Smith and Lora Freeman Williams cover the many aspects to finding your voice in midlife and the necessity for cultivating creativity.
- 8/25/15 – Empty Nest Syndrome – writers and mothers Lydia Chiappetti and Lori Pelikan Strobel discuss the trials and tribulations of children leaving/coming back home and share their personal writings about this, too! Psychologist Wendy Aronsson, author of Refeathering the Nest adds her “take” on this stage of life – both for parents and their children.
- 8/11/15 – The Importance of Animals – World renowned Animal Communicator Nedda Wittels shares her personal life, professional experiences and philosophy about the place, time and type of animals who travel with us during this lifetime.
- 7/28/15 – When Life Happens -Two women, Ann Sheybani and Elaine Walker, share their life experiences including trials and tribulations which, in midlife, become the foundation for pursuing spirituality, religion, creativity, passion, and happiness.
- 7/14/15 – Attachment Parenting: Best Practices for Keeping Your Children Close to You – Barbara DiGangi, LMSW, and co-founder of NYC-based Project Bond will address the confusion between “best” childrearing practices and how to keep your children attached and healthy.
- 6/23/15 – Eating Disorders – Atlanta-based eating disorder expert and CNN contributor Irene Celcer, LCSW, discusses the many aspects of this complicated and pervasive issue in our country.
- 6/9/15 – Traveling Connecticut – Authors and bloggers Johanna Kaplan and Janice Mann speak about their writing styles, their favorite Connecticut places and their interest and methodologies in discovering and uncovering gems in this great state.
- 5/26/15 – Premiere Show – Midlife Mothering: The Wave of the Future – Three midlife mothers located throughout this country – Jo-Ann Rogan, a rock star (48) with two special needs children (9 &11), an adoptive single mom, Michelle Meyer (55) with son (12), and a Cougar mother, Joely Johnson Mork (48) with a five year old – will discuss the ins and outs of their unique lives and their perceptions of this growing trend. A lively 1/2 hour premiere show!